Your Surroundings & Environment
Your skin will be more sensitive to the sun because of the effects of chemotherapy. Follow these guidelines when you go out:
- Avoid direct and prolonged exposure to sunlight especially between the hours of 11am to 3pm.
- When outside, always wear a hat (wide-brimmed preferred), long sleeved shirt and pants.
- Use a good sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15.
- On a hot sunny day, avoid becoming overheated, seek air conditioning or shade, and wear loose fitting clothing.
- Be careful of areas that can reflect sun/UV rays such as the beach, water and swimming pools.