CP6 Leukemia/BMT Daycare Outpatient Unit
When to Call Us IMMEDIATELY
If you experience any of the symptoms below, you must call the BMT Daycare Outpatient Unit IMMEDIATELY. If it is after hours, call the Inpatient Unit without delay.
Leukemia/BMT Daycare Outpatient Unit: 604-875-4073, Ext. 1
Leukemia/BMT Inpatient Unit: 604-875-4343.
List of Urgent Symptoms
- Fever of 38°C (100°F) or higher
- Shortness of breath
- Persistent dizziness
- Flu-like symptoms
- Bruising or bleeding
- Rash, blisters or severe skin pain/sensitivity
- Persistent nausea, vomiting
- Not able to take medications
- Unsteady when walking
- If you have fallen
How & When to Take Your Temperature
Take your temperature with a Celsius thermometer when you get up in the morning, in the early evening around 6pm, and any time you feel warm or just don't feel well.
- Do not take your temperature right after eating or drinking, as this may not give an accurate reading.
- Keep the thermometer clean by rinsing with warm soapy water and drying, or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.